July 03, 2013

to sit and be still

Woe is me
I do not sit
and be silent
though God may say “Be Still!”

I am distraught
My anxieties
frustrate me so
and I resort in anger
to yelling matches
that only serve
to grieve Him
who leads me
and me
who yearns to follow

He does lead me
but the path
is not always
clear and smooth
So many obstacles
block the way

Sometimes it is
God Himself
who makes me travel
the ever-increasing
corridors of darkness
and then
in my fear
I forget
my hope is still in Him.

God tells me
do not fear
yet I falter

He says
continue to seek
to search
to examine
to wait
to listen
to turn back to Him
to remember

“The Lord is good to those who wait for Him, to the soul who seeks Him. It is good that one should hope and wait quietly …. He will show compassion … they are new every morning. Great is Your faithfulness. The Lord is my portion, says my soul, therefore I hope in Him.”
Lamentations 3:25-26, 32, 23-24

(c) July 3, 2013



No comments:

Post a Comment