October 11, 2013

Forgiveness...

“For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.” ~ I Corinthians 13:12

Forgiveness is hard to bestow on another

Whose at fault isn't so much the issue
as doing what is right
in the eyes of The Lord Jesus

We say or do
or we stay silent
and act accordingly

The Lord sees
He knows
you and I
you and me

He tells us in His Word
He shows us by His example
how our response should be

It is not about me
or you
It is about Jesus

It is hard to forgive another

God sees the heart
God sees it all

We see so little
Our perceptions are faulty
We see so dimly

We or those around us
proclaim
that cannot be
He or she couldn't do that
but we can …
we do.

None of us,
no, not one, is perfect
The best in us
is not good enough
to proclaim otherwise

Only Jesus is perfect
On Jesus is good enough

We need Jesus beside us,
all around us,
and within us
to be able to walk the path He trod.
We need His Word,
His  example,
His love and mercy
to be and do as He desires of us.

We need to forgive
without thought of what it costs us.


It costs Jesus far more
He gave His life for me and for you.


Have we forgotten?

(c) October 11,  2013

No comments:

Post a Comment