September 11, 2015

I think ... I know ... I think again

I found a poem I wrote last year - June 21, 2014, that I didn't post.  When I searched for it by date, I found another -- titled  "I can pray for you."  It is good to review past posts.  The one I didn't post I wondered if it was worthy of posting.  Now I think perhaps it was and is.

I think and that gets me in trouble
I know God is the answer to everything that is and was and is to come.
I believe this in my heart as well as know it in my mind.
However, sometimes when I stumble, I forget and  think there is more.
And then I am reminded, there is not more.
God is it.
He is enough.
If you don't have Him, you need Him.
And if you have Him, but don't walk steadily with Him
100 percent of the time, you need to return to Him.
Thank Him for His grace. His love. His mercy.
Thank Him for everything every time,
even for those times we find ourselves struggling,
which is often,
and for those other times when it is good.
For every part of our life, God is what we need.
He has every answer.
We only have thoughts ...
Thoughts on what we think,
thoughts on what another thinks,
thoughts on what we perceive.
God's thoughts are higher. And purer. He knows.
His answers bring us hope. And Truth. And always Love.
(c) June 21, 2014
published September 11, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment