March 30, 2016

The best gift of all


Christ is me
The best gift of all
For without Him
all of me
all of life
is filled with distractions

It is not
what He does
nor
what He gives
but
who He is
And
who He is in me

I only walk
through the motions
of the day-to-day grind
in the workplace
in home life
even in leisure time

Our bodies fail
and wither away

Our minds nod off
into dull senseless thought

 We are … nothing.

But we can be transformed.

Christ
born for us
lived for us
died for us
and three days later,
He arose
for us!

Christ is alive!
I too am alive
Reformed
Reborn
Renewed
I must Be still
I must
come into His Presence…
I must
listen
be alert
obey
His every call
upon me

I must!
For if I am only
what is
and nothing more

God’s light in me
will never shine.

(c) March 27, 2016


No comments:

Post a Comment