September 07, 2012

I am ready, Lord


Coming home
Lord, I’m ready
Lord, why do I remain
For what purpose
do you not send
your angels
to carry me across the threshold
into Your inner sanctum.
Lord, I am so ready.
Day and night
Minute by minute
I wait
Lord, what more do You want me to do
Who is the one
or are there many
who need a touch from me
a word of encouragement
So many have come already
So young
So very young,
even my baby boy
rests in Your loving embrace
and I
I am here
on the other side of heaven
on earth, biding my time
Oh Lord,
when will it be my time
to come home

It is not for me to know
Only You Lord know the time for all things
In Your time we take our
first breath and also our last
In Your time
the pain that clings to our bodies
will drop away
and we will feel refreshed, rejuvenated.
In Your time
the helplessness of our loved ones
as they make every effort
to keep us alive
will wash away
and in its place
we’ll find joy.

Joy does come.
We weep for a while
We weep far into the night
endlessly.
We struggle to stop the pain
of remorse and deep despair
and sadness
from coming over us
again and again.
We mourn for what we had,
for what we lost
and for what might have been.
But joy does come in the morning.

The joy of the Lord --
our loved ones, all those who have died
and reside in the bosom of our
gracious Lord and King,
free from pain
and disablements,
free to sit at the feet of Jesus
or walk by His side.
Gladness in every step,
praises in every word spoken
and song sung.
There is no place for silence,
no place for tears.

Joy has come.
The mourning of the night
has given way to a new day,
a new light.

Memories do linger.
But mourning has gone
and Joy has taken its place.

My mourning has turned to dancing
My bleakness has turned to gladness
My silence has turned to praise

There is joy
Everlasting  joy

I am ready Lord.

I am ready – when You o Lord determine
it is my turn to go
and come
into Your holy presence.
Ready and waiting
and watching
anticipating a new day,
a new light.

I remain
for whatever purpose
You have determined.
I go
when You say it is time.

I am indebted to You
Forever and ever.
You are my Savior.
I am Your child.

I thank You for my life. 
September 7, 2012


No comments:

Post a Comment