June 10, 2013

I am new, I am free

I am New
I am Free

I became new
A new person
with new beliefs
new thinking
when I found He
who I sought
The Mighty One
All power
and majesty
belonging to Him

Him who I sought
Him who I found
Master of the Universe
Creator over all
The Lord God and King
Jesus!

I became new
I was set free

God’s Holy Word
penetrated my whole being
The gifts of
peace
and joy
and faith
extended
I received
I accepted

Jesus
Son of God
Son of Man
My Savior
My Lord
He died for me
He lived His life
He showed me the way
not once
or twice
but countless ….
through His Holy Book

His death was planned
It was His destiny
God, His Father
ordained it

His life
a new life
He became human

His death
my sins
yours too
He carried to the cross
He bore the pain
and humiliation
deserved by those He came to free

His rebirth
His body laid to rest
in a borrowed tomb
three days buried
and then
He  was alive!
Born again
His body resurrected
a new creation

and I
through my faith
in  Him,
The Lord Jesus,
am a new creation
Old things have passed away
All things have become new
(2 Corinthians 5:17)

I am new
I am free

Free from sin

I
made free
because of Christ’s death
and resurrection
I
profess
I
claim
I will live
according to His Spirit
pleasing to the Lord
and not myself,
my own desires.

I am free
I am new

“Morning by morning
the Lord wakens me
and opens
my understanding
to His will.”
(Isaiah 50:4b)

I profess, make claim
to live
as the Lord desires
of me
I strive to be
what He asks
of me
….to be obedient
to trust

I strive to distance
myself
from the sins
that circle me,
that want to keep me
locked in to
me, me, me.

It’s not about me
Not really
We think it is
My Life, My World, My Dreams

My life
set free
to serve
… not myself,
but the Lord Jesus

I am free

Free to walk in the Spirit

and not in myself
not in bondage to the world
that seeks control
over every finite detail  of my life

Free to be the new me
designed by Christ
He  created me
and re-created me
I am free in Him
I owe Him
my life, my love, my praise, my honor, my all

He is my Hope
My Anchor
My Teacher
My Friend
My Everything

I am New
I am Free
I am indeed!

(c) June 10, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment