June 19, 2014

Forgive me, Lord

The Lord says, Stay on Me
Focus your every thought on Me
He says,
I will be with you, with you all
If / when
we walk in close fellowship with Him
If/ when
we abide with Him
through prayer, Bible study, worship, praise
If/ when
it is Him to which we seek guidance

The Lord extends His hand
He offers a loving embrace.
He gave His life for mine and yours
and unfortunately we often forget
all He has done and continues to do
for us.
We fall prey to words spoken in anger
and action taken in spite
We are overcome with guilt for the hurt
we cause loved ones
and especially, our Lord.
Ashamed, we apologize for our misdeeds
We are sincerely sorry
and pray it won’t happen again

But the Lord knows…
It will happen.
We are human and we are sinners

We have been saved by His grace,
but trouble erupted with Adam and Eve,
and trouble will continue
as a part of life
until Jesus’ return.
Yet, the Lord forgives us.
He forgives us for our shortcomings every day.
We struggle to forgive others for their shortcomings

We make so much out of molehills.
It has to be a certain way
I want you to see it my way
If you don’t do it this way, it’s over.
God never said it would be easy
He did say
He would be with us
Come near to Him
and He will be near to us.
We balk at the starting gate.
There is more pent-up anger
and dismay and destruction today
than anytime in the past.

When will it stop?!
I want Jesus.
I hate how sin often takes a front seat
I strive for a spirit-filled life
instead of one filled with fleshly desires.
I want to be pleasing to Jesus, my Lord
I want His approval
I want Him to be glorified.
Amen.


(c) 6.19.2014

No comments:

Post a Comment