July 08, 2015

We see so dimly

"For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known." - I Corinthians 13:12

Jesus tells us "I am The Way, The Truth and The Life." - John 14:6

Dim
dimmer
all I see
in the mirror
I peer into
is pain
that flows over me
in waves

My head
throbs
the pain grips
and explodes
masking briefly
that surfacing elsewhere
hips
back
shoulders
neck

Too much to do
Too little done
Push Push
There is no end
Where am I
I cannot handle
I am tired
Sleep comes
but I do not
wake refreshed
muscles ache
joints sore

Day after day
I go
I look for answers
I know He is near
I cry
Surely He hears my agonizing cry

His reply
I hear constant
Keep your focus on Me
Look unto Me
not into yourself

Look up
up to the heavens
not down
I will guide you
on the way to go
Stay close, closer still
Do not wander
down paths that
take your thoughts
away from Me

I AM The Way
The Truth that leads to freedom
The Life that shows you how to live your life

Follow Me

(c) July 8, 2015
Cathy Orrick Luders

No comments:

Post a Comment