March 03, 2016

Hearing Hearing

Hearing, Hearing
What do you hear
Are there many voices
vying for control
or just one
who bends your ear

Hearing, Hearing
What do you understand
of the words that are said
Do you know what is meant
when The One voice you hear stronger
is not yours alone

Hearing, Hearing
concentration a struggle
discernment more
So many voices
How do I know
one from another

Stay near
Walk close
The Lord Jesus says
Read My Word
Study My  Way
Follow My Life
Know My Truth

Hearing, Hearing
I wander
but the path is not rough
nor overgrown with weeds
Wherever I travel
I know the way
for the voice I need
is here beside me
One voice alone
I know His voice
and He knows mine
I hear
He speaks
I follow
His lead.
(c) March 3, 2016


“He who does not enter the sheep hold by the door, but climbs up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber. But he who enters by the door is the shepherd of the sheep. To him the doorkeeper opens and the sheep hear his voice; and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. And when he brings out his own sheep, he goes before them, and the sheep follow Him, for they know his voice. Yet they will by no means follow a stranger, but will flee from him, for they do not know the voice of strangers.”  ~ John 10:1-5

No comments:

Post a Comment