November 03, 2014

My wish, my prayer

I wish Lord
Oh  I wish
Not worthless dreams
and desires
to pass the time of day
but that which may be
Your desire
entwined
You and I
us
together.

I wish
I wish
but no, it's not a wish
but a prayer
from this heart of mine
to You, O Lord.

A pastorate
as interim
for Your servant
Jim and I
to share
perhaps at
Wilton
or elsewhere
if it be
Your will.

A procedure
removal of tissue
with risk high
for dangerous
growth
accomplished
and to be no more.

Wise instruction
given
to be followed
rather than
doubts believed
and excuses made

The Bible
our guidebook for Life
Those who follow,
who walk in the Spirit
as professed they live
are blessed
The Lord
guides their steps
so they do not stumble.

This my wish, my prayer to You O Lord.

(c) November 3, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment